Introducing Rosh Galil 2012...Kali Silverman!
Many of you may know Kali from her time at Galil (she started as a camper in 2000, making this her 13th summer with Galil!) or as Co-Rosh Galil 2011. For old and new friends alike, here are five amazing things you should know about Kali!
1. Kali is currently studying abroad in Madrid, Spain where she spends her free time learning to speak Spanish fluently and traveling across Europe.
2. Kali was on Workshop 57 where she lived in Akko with Kvutzah Shesek.
3. Kali was on the television show "Trading Spaces: Girls vs. Boys" with her brother and fellow staff member, Eli. He redecorated her room to look like an old-fashioned soda shop!
4. Kali is majoring in Urban Studies and Geography with minors in Spanish and Sociology at Temple University's Honors Program. She hopes to use her degree to save the world, or at least make a difference in her home city of Philadelphia!
5. Although Kali loves Madrid, she is so excited to move back to Philly where she will live near Eastern State Penitentiary with a fellow Galilnik. Mostly though, she's so excited to be back at camp with all of our amazing families! Only 205 more days until camp starts!