As a camp chef/cook, you will be planning and cooking healthy, fun meals for 150 campers and staff ages 8 – 22 on a daily basis. This is an amazing summer job experience that will impact YOU as much as you impact the youth. The most successful Camp Galil staff members are those with the drive and excitement to provide a great summer camp growth experience to children. In addition to providing the meals, you’ll also be mentoring an extraordinary team of young adults committed to the food service needs of the camp.
Responsible for providing meals for campers and staff during summer camp program, preparing meals for special diets, ordering food and cleaning/ organizing kitchen and appliances
Cleaning, Sanitation and Safety
- Adherence to Local, State and Federal Health Department codes and company standards.
- Kitchen is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Maintain ServSafe Certification.
Food procurement, receiving and storage and inventory management
- Timely and adequate purchasing of all food and supplies.
- Manage proper inventory receiving, storage, and rotation: First In, First Out (FIFO) method.
- Ensure the proper holding and serving temperatures of all food in the and on the buffet/tables.
- Production planning and delegation of daily tasks.
- Accurate projections for quantity and quality produced for each meal (serving 120 campers and 50 staff).
- Timely production of meals.
- Plan, supervise, and execute any Food Service needs outside of the Dining Hall.
Training and Supervising
- Leads and directs the work of the kitchen team with the Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure that the kitchen team has the most accurate and up-to-date information at all times
- Encourages a professional team rapport and cultivates a positive team spirit in the kitchen.
- Constantly trains and improves the quality of kitchen staff.
Individuals must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills. They must be prepared to step in and accomplish all aspects of kitchen responsibilities; not only providing an excellent experience to our campers and staff, but also serving as a role model to those you manage and work alongside.
Compensation: Salary starts at $900/weekly for in-residence chefs include room & board, access to high speed internet, friendly work environment and casual dress code. If applicant lives within commuting distance, accommodations can be made in salary and shift structure.
To Apply, email a cover letter and CV to David Weiss, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical and Emotional Aspects of the Job:
• Work hours will go beyond a typical eight hour day (one day off a week) in the summer (limited time off in the camp season.
• Able to work in natural settings with heat and rain.
• Ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds
Founded in 1946, Camp Galil was established to train the pioneers of the early kibbutz movement working to build the State of Israel. Today, that pioneering model translates to each element of our unique program. Located in Bucks County, PA our site is modeled after Israel’s early Kibbutzim with a focus on cooperative living. Camp Galil’s genuine Youth Leadership model empowers our talented counselors to design all aspects of our summer fun and educational program. Our historic partnership with Habonim Dror North America connects our campers and staff with Habonim Dror members from around the world. We welcome families from all streams of Jewish life creating a diverse & inclusive Jewish community.
Habonim Dror Camp Gali is open and accessible to everyone, regardless of age, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or special need by welcoming individuals of all backgrounds, embracing their uniqueness and diversity under our communal tent.